Many people we talk to think the holidays are not a good time to list your house, but we’ve found that’s not true.
10 Reasons to List Your House During the Holidays
- People who look for a home during the Holidays are serious buyers!
- Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays, and less competition means more money for you!
- Since the supply of listings will start increasing in January, there will be less demand for your particular home. Less demand means less money for you!
- Homes “show better” decorated for the Holidays.
- Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price.
- Serious buyers will use Holiday vacation time to house hunt.
- Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
- January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until spring to buy, you must be on the market now to capture the relocation buyer.
- You can take advantage of being on the market now with the option to restrict showings, especially on those special occasions during the Holiday season.
- You can sell now for more money and we can provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year!
Call or email us today to talk about listing your home!
Blythe Real Estate Team