It’s finally 2021 and everyone on the Blythe Team is ready to hit the ground running! I know many people are excited to leave 2020 in the past and look forward to what 2021 has to offer. Personally, I like to look back and reflect on the previous year. I find reflection helps put things in perspective and allows me to refocus on my goals for the upcoming year.
The pandemic brought uncertainty and a bit of craziness to 2020 for many. As a result, causing major effects to the economy. I know this year was rough for millions of people and I wish nothing but the best for them in the upcoming year.
COVID Impact on Real Estate
While COVID 19 negatively impacted many industries, it seemed to only increase the demand for housing in 2020. The Blythe team saw this increased demand and met the challenge. Through their hard work and dedication to their goals, our team saw continued growth.
Blythe Team Fun Stats
Here is a quick re-cap and some fun stats on our team for 2020:
- Together, we helped families buy and sell about 230 Homes
- Our combined volume was around $60 Million in sales
- The highest priced sale this year was a $1.75 million multi-unit building
- The lowest priced home was $47,000 (we did have 1 lot sale that was lower than this).
- Our average sales price was $260,000
- 60% of our sales were buyers and 40% were Sellers
- Our team expanded this year to 11 team members and include:
- Andrea Matousek – Our New Full time Marketing Specialist
- We anticipate that 6 of our agents will make it in the “Top 100 Producers” list for Nebraska Realty. That’s a great accomplishment considering there are now over 800 Realtors at Nebraska Realty.
- The Oldest home we sold was built in 1897 and was bought by Lesa’s client.
- We helped almost 2 dozen clients build and purchase new homes working with various builders
- The largest home sold was 5,036 sq feet
- The smallest home sold was 640 sq feet
- For homes listed and sold, the average “Days on the Market” for our clients was around 8 days. The market average “Days on the Market” was around 23 days.
- The quickest closing we had this year was 6 days
- The longest closing we had (excluding new construction) was 95 days
This has been, by far, the hardest year that I can remember working in my 10+ years as a real estate agent. Low home inventory combined with high demand throughout most of the year made it very tough for buyers to purchase a home. In fact, it wasn’t uncommon for sellers to receive multiple offers on their homes, causing buyers to compete in order to close the deal. I estimate having to write about 3 times as many purchase agreements as I had for “actually closed” homes. So, with increased sales numbers and needing to write three times as many contracts to achieve that, let’s just say it was busy year!
I truly feel blessed to have thrived during this crazy year, but my heart goes out to those families and businesses that weren’t as lucky. We truly are proud of our team members and all the hard work they put in throughout the year. Similarly, we recognize that we couldn’t have done this without such great clients. We are grateful for all the trust and referrals we receive from our past clients, friends, and family, and are ready to take 2021 head on. Contact us today!